Holly Golightly Watercolour

11:17 PM 0 Comments A+ a-




I completed the watercolour of one of my Holly Golightly sketches. I decided to go with the one of Holly in her nightshirt with Cat. I love the sleep mask that she wears and I really wanted to colour it. This was my desk as I sat down to start the sketch - with a brand new watercolour palette to break in!

Holly Golightly Illustration by Jacqueline Abela | Golly Gosh Mary

The sketch took a lot of tweaking to get right. I prefer the way her head is tilted in my original sketch, but I love how this one came out overall. Let the watercolour begin!

Holly Golightly Illustration by Jacqueline Abela | Golly Gosh Mary


Holly Golightly Illustration by Jacqueline Abela | Golly Gosh Mary

It's amazing how watercolour seems to have a mind of its own. I made mistakes and they ended up becoming a nice part of the picture. They added more character than a planned brushstroke. It pays to go with the flow!

You can buy this print!

Buy at Redbubble or Society6.

My favourite is this Tiffany blue hardcover journal!
Holly Golightly by Jacqueline Abela Redbubble Journal | Golly Gosh Mary

Blog Archive